Have Your Smile Makeover With Cosmetic Dentistry
A smile is widely regarded as the universal language, and it can do wonders for your appearance, approachability, and the way people see you. However, many people often feel hesitant to smile because of crooked or misaligned, discolored or missing teeth. If this is you, feeling that your confidence could use a smile makeover, you may want to consider cosmetic dentistry.
Who Should Opt for a Smile Makeover?
You can benefit from a smile makeover if you have any one or multiple conditions listed below:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Misshapen, eroded or disproportionately sized teeth
- Uneven gum line
- Gummy smiles
What Are the Benefits?
Besides giving you a smile that you are sure to love, a smile makeover guarantees the following benefits:
1. Better Oral Health – Apart from the aesthetic benefits, a smile makeover ensures a better oral health by rectifying issues such as widely spaced, misaligned, crooked or chipped teeth which if left untreated may lead to oral health problems such as gum diseases, tooth decay etc.
2. Improved Confidence – A new improved smile is sure to improve your confidence which will be a huge advantage when it comes to personal and professional interactions.
3. Enhanced Aesthetics – A smile makeover will effectively eliminate aesthetic flaws such as discoloration, chipped or crooked teeth etc. This will give you a flawless smile and hugely improve your overall facial appearance.
4. Younger Appearance – With a professional smile makeover, your new, healthy and beautiful smile can knock off some years and make you look younger!
5. Reduced Future Oral Complications – Since a smile makeover rectifies issues such as overlapping, crowded, crooked or incorrectly spaced teeth it reduces the risk of future oral complications such as gum diseases and tooth decay and ensures a healthy smile for years to come if the results are maintained correctly.
6. Enjoy Eating – A bad smile also means unhealthy teeth which can prove to be a major hindrance in eating. A smile makeover will also rectify your bite so that you can eat and chew effectively and enjoy eating.
What Are the Treatment Options?
Some of the most commonly prescribed treatments recommended for a healthy and bright smile are as follows:
- Teeth Whitening
Discolored teeth can affect the appearance of your smile. There are numerous over-the-counter teeth whitening products available in the market. However, these products often don’t give long-lasting results. Professional teeth whitening treatments are economic, quick and deliver effective results which last for years to come if maintained as instructed by your dentist.
If crooked teeth are preventing you from flaunting your smile confidently, orthodontic treatments can help. In case of slightly misaligned teeth clear braces or porcelain veneers can help. However, for severely misaligned teeth, a full mouth reconstruction may be prescribed.
- Missing Teeth
Whether it is a single missing tooth or several missing teeth, the tooth gaps can affect your smile and increase your risk of oral issues such as gum diseases. Cosmetic dentistry treatments like partial dentures, dental bridge or implants can help correct your smile.
- Teeth Shape
Abnormal tooth shape and size can also make your smile imperfect or less attractive. However, with smile makeover treatment the length of your teeth can be lengthened or shortened using porcelain veneers or gum reduction and the shape of teeth can be improved with veneers or cosmetic bonding to make your smile perfect.
- Facial Symmetry
As your teeth age they become more prone to wear and tear and evening falling out. This can alter your facial symmetry and make you look older. Cosmetic dentistry offers treatment such as oral maxillofacial surgery as a part of smile makeover which improves your facial symmetry which can make you look younger.
If you too are hesitant about smiling confidently and feel that you need a more healthy and beautiful smile, talk to your orthodontist and find out how cosmetic dentistry can help you smile your best!
Shen Chao is part of Dr. Joshua Hong’s Cosmetic Dental Clinic in Goodyear, AZ. While working for the dental clinic, he’s gained first hand experiences into the questions and concerns that dental patients have. He has been writing to inform people about various dental topics to help his readers improve their oral health. When he’s not working, you can find him on a hiking trail with his dog or having a Sunday cook-out with friends.