Thinking of waxing?
Spending an hour or two at a beauty spa is a great way to pamper yourself. Plus you know that your body is in the hands of an expert. Here’s a few tips on what what you can expect from waxing.
Waxing with hot or strip wax
Traditional hot wax: Heated wax is applied using a spatula and, once set, is then peeled off, removing both the wax and the hair simultaneously. Specialist products are used to wax delicate facial and other sensitive areas. Your therapist should apply a soothing, moisturizing balm after your treatment. Make sure that your salon does not “doubledip” – fresh, clean wax and clean spatulas should be used for every application, or you could risk infection.
Strip wax: A thin layer of heated wax is applied using a spatula. An epilating strip is bonded onto the wax and pulled off in a quick motion, removing the hair.
• Cost-effective compared to laser therapy
• Long-lasting results (up to six weeks, depending on the individual)
• Some women experience pain or discomfort
Hot wax: Better suited to shorter, coarser hair and smaller areas, such as bikini and underarms.
• Strip wax: Better suited to finer hair and larger areas, such as the back and legs.
• Waxing is suitable for all skin types.