Leading specialist line-up at Discovery Vitality Summit
The Discovery Vitality Summit will take place on the 1st August 2014 and brings together leading business minds in high performance, sports science, fitness, nutrition, technology, health and wellness. This year’s theme Well. Thought Through presents a distinguished line-up of pioneering thinkers who approach the topic of wellness from different perspectives, guided by their diverse backgrounds, academic specialities and decades of practical experience.
Specialists will share their latest thinking and research into high performance, sports science, sport and health technology, and the business of wellness and nutrition trends.
This year’s speakers will challenge conventional thinking, explore recent advancements and are well-known for pushing the boundaries in the evolving arena of sports, health and wellness development.
Here is a snapshot of what you can expect:
• A winning formula, with a professional rugby career spanning 17 years and four Rugby World Cups, former England fly half, Jonny Wilkinson, talks boots and all.
• The big fat debate with Prof. Tim Noakes, and various experts in the field of nutrition and medicine, exploring strong and weak science and what we should consider before making a decision.
• Looking at the impact of health on wellness with Dr Jonathan Broomberg, CEO of Discovery Health.
• Reviewing sports science – a look at how science has influenced the way we train in terms of injury prevention and performance analysis. Featuring industry experts such as Dr Craig Roberts, and Dr Ross Tucker.
• The impact of health and wellness technology, with Stafford Maisie, former country manager of Google SA.
• The business of wellness – exploring opportunities that exist in the ever-growing wellness industry with Lisa Raleigh, lifestyle and wellness professional, Ross Farragher-Thomas, MD of Virgin Active South Africa, and Dr Craig Nossel, Head of Vitality Wellness.
• A look at how mindfulness, significantly impacts personal health and wellbeing, business performance and leadership potential with Prof. Ellen Langer, professor of psychology at Harvard University.
Date: 1 August 2014
Time: 08:00 to 17:00
Venue: Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton, Johannesburg
Cost: R 2000 (Vitality members receive a 25% discount off the ticket price)
Vitality members get a 25% Vitality discount
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 011 679 3344. Book now at www.vitalitysummit.com