7 Ways to Make Time for Exercise and Nutrition

Fitting in enough time to live a healthy lifestyle can be difficult in the modern world. Most of our time is filled up with work, and what little time we have left, we want to socialise with our friends or relax in front of the television. However, this doesn’t make being healthy any less important, but thankfully, being healthy is actually much more straightforward than you might think. In this article, we’re going to go over 7 ways to make sure that you have time to live an active and healthy lifestyle, combined with exercise and proper nutrition, with ease.

Make a Schedule and Commit to It

One of the biggest reasons that people fail with their goals is because they don’t have a plan going forward. By creating a schedule, you know what you need to each day and it’s just a matter of getting it done.

When first beginning your journey, start from small. You don’t want to go in too deep as then you’ll have nowhere to go from then onwards. As well as this, by doing too much at the start, you might put yourself off from continuing and eventually fall off the wagon.

exercise | Longevity Live

Make your Workout Fun

You’re far more likely to commit yourself to exercise if you actually enjoy it. By making your workout fun, it no longer becomes a chore and more of an exciting hobby. Because of this, you’ll find it a lot easier to fit into your schedule and stay motivated throughout your journey.

If you’ve found an effective workout, but don’t enjoy all aspects of it, then simply modify your favourite workout to make it more enjoyable. Through this, you get the best of both worlds.

Eat a Nutritious Diet

If you want to change your body composition, then you need to use a combination of both diet and exercise. Yet, many people think that diet is a lot more confusing than it actually is.

In reality, eating a healthy diet is extremely easy. All you need to do is follow the 80/20 rule where 80% of the time you eat healthy, nutritious foods like nuts seeds, lean meats, fish, fruits, and vegetables, then the other 20% of the time you save for treats like pastries and alcohol. This way you can eat a nutritious diet without having to miss out on anything.

exercise | Longevity LIVETrack Your Activity Level

Activity trackers aren’t always the most accurate, but they are a good way of becoming more informed about your movement habits. By tracking your activity level and setting yourself a goal, you’re more likely to try and hit that target and increase your activity level throughout the day.

Choosing Something Over Nothing

This is one of the most important pieces of advice for anyone to keep in mind when trying to become healthier. Doing some exercise is always better than doing nothing, and doing more than before, no matter how much it is, is always a positive. Even if the only thing you choose to do is take the stairs over the lift, that’s still more movement than you were doing and will hopefully cause you to increase your activity level in other areas, too.

exercise | Longevity Live

Choose Your Workout Buddy Wisely

Having someone to work alongside is an incredibly motivating way to train. Nobody likes going about their journey by themselves, so getting a buddy to workout with can make a massive difference.

However, you need to make sure that you pick your buddy wisely. You want someone who’s going to push you and make sure that you turn up to sessions, not someone who’s going to give up easily and always invite you over for pizza. It’s one thing having a buddy, but it’s an entirely different thing having the right buddy.

Change Your Bed Time

Sleep is a massive yet overlooked component of health and fitness. We all know the difference a good night of sleep can make on our mood, motivation, and energy, so aim to get into bed at 10pm each night for a restful night.

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.