5 Minute Make-Up Routine for Women On The Go
International beauty guru, businesswoman and make-up mogul Bobbie Brown gives some simple to adopt 5-minute make-up routine tips for women always on the go.
If I only have a few minutes in the morning, the “Five Minute Make-up” routine is a great option, because it has the basics for a natural beauty look. Plus, it’s quick and easy. My quick application tips are:
- Minute 1: Gently massage daily moisturizer into the skin to ensure a smooth make-up application. Then, apply concealer under eyes. Use a yellow-tone concealer that’s one or two shades lighter than your foundation to lighten any under-eye darkness.
- Minute 2: Spot-apply foundation just on the parts of your face (typically around the nose and mouth) where you notice redness.
- Minute 3: Liven up your face with blush. Apply a natural shade of blush on the apples of the cheek, and layer with a pop of brighter blush on top.
- Minute 4: Play up lips with a lipstick or gloss in a shade that mimics the natural color of your lips, for an instantly polished and pulled-together look.
- Minute 5: Make eyes stand out with two or three coats of black mascara.
More anti-aging make-up tips for busy women
Use a creamy concealer
Office make-up is about looking polished and pulled together. For a quick touch-up, apply creamy concealer under eyes to instantly open them up, then use stick foundation or a face touch-up stick to spot-apply where skin is red or uneven. Apply blush to brighten the face, and then layer lips with lipgloss for a pop of colour and shine.
Use the right skincare formula
There are many factors that can affect how skin looks and feels, including seasonal changes, stress and travel. So it’s important to understand the condition of your skin and choose the right products based on its needs. Plus, using the right skincare formula also affects how makeup is applied, and ultimately how it looks on skin. If you wake up in the morning and your face looks swollen, be sure to use gentle products that don’t irritate your skin.
Diet and exercise
To me, being healthy is about incorporating a well-balanced diet and exercise into your lifestyle. It’s really about finding something you’re comfortable with and that you can stick to. I like to get up early and start my day with exercise. I always feel better when I exercise regularly, whether it’s biking, yoga or just a quick walk around the block in the middle of a busy day. And I try to eat as healthily as possible, with lots of vegetables, clean proteins, healthy carbs, a lot of water, and the occasional glass of red wine and dark chocolate. I find that when I’m mindful about how I’m treating myself, that’s when I look and feel my very best.
I believe that all women are beautiful. And to me, beauty is something that comes from within. It’s about having self-confidence and playing up the qualities that make you unique. After so many years of seeing similar “cookie-cutter” beauty and fashion images, I think we are starting to see a cultural shift towards a more realistic potential for all women. We’ve definitely moved away from the idea that there’s only one definition of beauty. Women are no longer afraid to express themselves using make-up. They’re not interested in a one-size-fits-all look, but rather want a look that’s uniquely theirs.
Looking for more make-up tips? Follow the link for tips on make-up for every shape of eye.