Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you have a sweet tooth and constantly looking for healthier options (ie: gluten free) to get your fix, we have the perfect recipe for you to try over this weekend. This delicious gluten-free chocolate cake recipe is from Honestly Healthy Food, which offers delectable and healthy recipes for the health conscious.
- 100g (3/4 cup) coconut flour
- 50g (1/2cup) raw cacao powder, plus 1/2 tsp for dusting
- 500ml (2 cups) hemp rice or almond milk
- 120g (1/2cup) vegan butter, plus extra for greasing
- 130g agave syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C
- Sift the coconut flour and cacao powder into a bowl
- Place the milk, vegan butter, syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract into a blender and whizz for about 1 minute until well blended (the mixture may be a little frothy on top). Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until combined. The mixture will have quite a thick consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased springform cake tin (use a large, shallow tin for a thin, torte-like cake or a smaller deeper tin for a thicker cake) and line the base with grease proof paper.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes, depending on the thickness. The thicker the cake, the longer it will need – check it after 20 minutes by inserting a skewer into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, then it is cooked. If you like something a little more gooey then hold your nerve and take it out when there is just a little residue on the skewer. It will continue to set as it cools.
- Leave it to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm or cold, lightly dusted with cacao powder and a dollop of ice cream or cream.
Looking for more healthy eating advice? Follow the link to read what the top 5 anti-inflammatory food hacks are.