Baked Sweet Potato & Courgette Fries
Sweet potatoes is a fantastic form of healthy carbohydrates, not to mention packed with vitamins and minerals, and by turning them into deliciously crispy fries is a sneaky way to get your daily dose of veggies in. This sweet potato and courgette fries recipe makes for a perfect side dish, and the variety of flavours will ensure you never reach for the frozen, deep-fried type.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large courgette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules or crushed garlic
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- cracked black pepper
- A sprinkling of ground almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 220◦C/425◦F/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut the potato and courgette into thin strips – about 5mm or 1/4 inch thick – but any desired thickness will do.
3. Stir together the oil, paprika, garlic,salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss the potato and courgette strips into the bowl, ensuring they are all evenly coated.
4. Drizzle a small amount of oil on to the prepared tray, then spread the vegetable strips on top in a single layer to ensure even cooking. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries over twice during that time so that they cook evenly on all sides.
5. Add a sprinkling of ground almonds about 5 minutes before the fries are ready. When they start to crips, remove the tray from the oven. Serve with a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.
About This sweet potato fries recipe
We extracted this recipe from the brand new book on nutrition and hormonal health by Angelique Panagos, called The Balance Plan.
Want To Know More?
Aside from being a crucial element in a healthy lifestyle, fibre has an important role to play in your longevity. Studies continually show that fibre is great for our cardiovascular health, fights inflammation and aids digestion. Click on the link to find our which sources of fibre are best for you and your body.