Guilt-Free Chocolate Oat Biscuits: Great Healthy Treat
Great news for chocolate-lovers! Here is a recipe for chocolate oat biscuits that contains only healthy ingredients and takes only 20 minutes to make. What more could you ask for? These biscuits will satisfy your craving for a sweet treat, without the guilt of eating an unhealthy snack. They’re made with Pouyoukas black-eyed beans. The beans, together with whole rolled oats, will give you a serious boost of fibre, leaving you feeling satisfied and energised for hours – completely guilt-free!
Makes 10-12 large cookies
- 11⁄2 cups Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
- 2 cups Pouyoukas dried black-eyed beans
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 heaped Tbsp raw cacao
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Large handful of cacao nibs/dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Prepare Pouyoukas black-eyed beans as per packet instructions. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place prepared beans in a blender with coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup, and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the whole rolled oats and cacao nibs.
3. Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray. Scoop the cookie mix out of the bowl, moulding each one into a ball. Push onto the tray to form thin circles.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool before enjoying.
Did you know?
The are a number of reasons why good, cocoa-dense, dark chocolate is good for you.
Studies show that eating 45 grams of chocolate per week may lead to a 20% decrease in the risk of a stroke among women. Eating guilt-free chocolate may also help lower risk of heart attacks by preventing blood clots.
Another study found that eating dark chocolate can protect your blood from inflammation. Furthermore, British psychologists experimented with hot cocoa and found that their test subjects had a much easier time counting back from a randomly-generated number between 800 to 999 than those who missed out on the hot drink. Click here to find out more reasons why dark chocolate should be on your shopping list.
For more information on the nutritional benefits of products in the Pouyoukas Foods range, as well as cooking tips and recipes, visit the following link.