Penne Pasta With Creamy Nut Sauce
This wholesome, creamy spaghetti is a great pasta option for vegetarians, and will speedily become part of your comfort-food list of favourites. Brimming with healthy fats, proteins and whole grain-sourced carbohydrates, you’ll want to try it out as soon as the weather calls for something warm and more-ish. Especially good for athletes in training and those in search of low-GI energy.
- 300g wholegrain durum wheat penne pasta
- 100g (250ml) pitted walnuts
- 15ml pine nuts
- 30ml soft butter
- 30g (75ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic house
- 2 ml salt
1. Roast nuts under the oven grill. Allow to cool and remove the skins by rubbing them off.
2. Blend the walnuts, pine nuts along with the rest of the ingredients in a blender (except the penne) and mix well.
3. Cook the pasta according to the cooking instructions provided and drain.
4. Add the blended ingredients to the pasta and mix well.
Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese, which can be included on the side.
Want to know more about pasta?
If you grew up thinking that pasta can only be made with factory-grade equipment and takes months to prepare, think again. Italian mothers everywhere routinely make it by hand (without any complicated machinery) from scratch and can have it ready to be eaten within an hour from start to finish. All they use is good old-fashioned elbow grease, a sturdy roller and a bit of patience.
Believe it or not, this process is almost distressingly easy and fast. What’s more, you can prepare the sauce while you’re waiting for the dough to set, and the timing works out perfectly. Best of all, you can ensure it’s a clean meal by buying organic ingredients, and enjoying your fresh pasta without any preservatives.
Click on the following link to find out how to do this at home and prepare a perfectly fresh, organic meal that will have you wondering why you ever bought pasta from the store.