Strawberries And Cod Fish Roast
Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries! Wimbledon is in full swing and we just had to share this super tasty dinner recipe. It’s unusual but totally divine.
These delectable red berries are delicious, and our favourite tennis competition gives us another reason to eat them!
Why Are Strawberries So Good For You?
Strawberry lovers, you are in luck. This berry is both delicious and nutritious. You’re basically getting a boost of vitamins C and K, fibre, folic acid, manganese and potassium all in one fruit. They also contain a lot of phytonutrients and flavonoids which gives them their lovely bright red colour.
They’ve been used throughout history to reduce digestive problems, help whiten teeth and soothe skin irritations. Plus, they can also help regulate blood sugar levels and increase satiety.
It’s no surprise that they are a Wimbledon fan favourite.
Roasted Cod With Strawberry Sauce
Credit and thanks to Katie Cavuto for her incredible recipe! We just love it.
Fish and fruit are a really complimentary combination because of their sweet and savoury flavours. And since the Mediterranean Diet has been voted as number one diet of 2018…you might as well start collecting some new and easy recipes.
Seafood is a huge part of the Med-Diet, and so many of us love eating fish. However, cooking fish can be a little daunting initially. It’s more of a mind game because once you know the basics, cooking fish is actually really simple.
Katie explains that roasting it is the easiest way and it can even be done in literally 15 minutes. This is great for really busy ladies and gents who only get home between 18.00 and 19.00 o’clock. Simple recipes like this one are what you need more of!
This dinner only takes about 20 minutes of preparation time in total. And if fish is not something you usually opt for, give this recipe a whizz! Cod is not fishy and has a really mild, sweet flavour.
- 4, whitefish fillets (try cod, halibut, flounder, snapper,)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One lemon, juiced (divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (divided)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (divided)
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 4 cups spinach or baby arugula
- lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.
- Place the fish in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, half the lemon juice, lemon and orange zest. Now season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm and flaky but not for longer than 12 minutes.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, add the strawberries to a small bowl. Mix the berries with the remaining lemon juice, lemon and orange zest, maple syrup and the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the Rockette evenly between four bowls. Top the Rockette with one piece of fish and 1/2 cup of berries. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges
Serve and enjoy!
Get those beautiful locks back with these specific foods to fuel your hair health.